Minghetti Sculpture Ceramic Bologna Italy 1920s

Code :  OGANCE0106796

150.00

Minghetti Sculpture Ceramic Bologna Italy 1920s

Code :  OGANCE0106796

150.00
Product Details

Origin:  Bologna, Italia

Material:  Glazed Ceramic

Description:
Glazed ceramic sculpture of harvesting putti. Manufacture's brand under the base.

Product Condition:
Object in good condition. Wear consistent with age and use. Any damage or loss is displayed as completely as possible in the pictures. Product with a Certificate of Authenticity and Lawful Origin.

Dimensions (cm):
Height: 27
Diameter: 21

Additional Information

Notes historical bibliographic:
The "Minghetti" artistic ceramics manufacture was founded by Angelo Minghetti (1822-1885) in 1858 in a tiny kiln for crockery in Montagnola, near Bologna. In 1869 Angelo Minghetti presented some of his works at the Exhibition of Agriculture and Industry in Bologna and the following year he took part in the Rome Art Exhibition. In 1873 he was present at the World Exhibition in Vienna. A few years later Angelo Minghetti was invited by an Imola pottery manufacturer, Angelo Bucci, to move to his larger and better equipped kiln. In 1877, after leaving Imola, Minghetti returned to Bologna and opened a shop in Porta San Vitale. In the same year the manufacture is present, with some pieces, at the National Exhibition of Fine Arts in Naples and the following year at the Universal Exhibition in Paris. In 1880 the factory took part in the National Exhibition of Fine Arts in Turin, in 1881 in that of Milan and in 1883 in that of Rome. In 1885 Angelo Minghetti died, the management of the factory passed to his sons Gennaro and Arturo, and the factory took part, in 1888, in the Italian Exposition in London; in 1898 at the Turin Sacred Art Exhibition; in 1899 at the Bologna Architecture Exhibition; in 1900 at the Universal Exposition in Paris. In 1902 the factory participated in the International Exhibition of Modern Decorative Art in Turin and in 1904 in the World Exhibition in Saint Louis and in the Italian Exhibition in London. From 1906 to 1916 the direction of the manufacture was taken over by Gennaro's son, Aurelio, under whose leadership the factory increased the number of employees, production reached its maximum increase and the number of works sent to foreign markets increased. In 1908 the factory took the name of "Ceramiche Artistiche Angelo Minghetti & Figli" In these same years the young Guglielmo Sansoni, known as Tato, trained as a ceramist, and among the collaborators of the first decades of the century we also remember Alcino Cesari, Arturo Colombarini, Alfonso Matteuzzi, Luigi Santi and, occasionally, the sculptor Cleto Tomba. Between 1917 and 1918 Aurelio Minghetti transformed the factory from a limited partnership into a cooperative, inviting all workers, both artists and workers, to participate and from 1920 the company took the name of "Società Anonima Cooperativa Ceramiche Artistiche Minghetti". In 1926 the ownership of the factory passed into the hands of Aurelio's brothers, Angelo, Margherita, Itala and cousins Laura and Eleonora. Since 1930 no one more than the family appears among the owners of the company but some of the heirs of the founders continue to lend their work there. In these years the company was managed by Alfonso Matteuzzi who retired in 1940, replaced by Alcino Cesari, who remained in office until 1962. After the Second World War, production was modernized, often reaching high-level results. In the 1950s, the factory was based in via della Rampa 4 in Bologna. The company remained active until 1967.

Product availability

The product is visible at Cambiago

Alternative proposals

It could also interest you

OK